Ko Hermon tōku maunga Ko Hasbani tōku awa Ko Ngāti Hūrai tōku iwi Nō Jerusalem ahau Kei Ngāmotu ahau e noho ana Ko Ruth Cohen tōku ingoa
Kia ora, I am Ruth, I started Thrive as a business back in 2008 soon after I emigrated to Aotearoa from Canada. I now live in Ngāmotu, Taranaki with my partner and two children. I’ve been teaching Yoga since 2001, my Yoga practice and teaching has evolved and changed as I have over the years. I love making Yoga accessible to everybody.
My love for food and cooking started at an early age, watching my mother and grandmother create in the kitchen. When I started learning more about fermented foods, it felt a little bit like making magic, working with those little micro organisms that keep our ecosystems going, inside and out. I enjoy sharing these passions in a fun way with others.
Education & Training
- BSc Human Biology, University of Toronto 1997
- Nutrition courses, Ryerson Polytechnique University 1998
- Yoga Siromani (Teacher of Yoga) The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre (Neyyar Dam, India) 2001
- Certified Curvy Yoga teacher 2014
- Certified Yoga for Round Bodies teacher 2015
- Certificate in Tikanga Rongoā (level 4), Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, 2020
- Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga Facilitator (TCTSY-F) 2023
- member Yoga New Zealand, Yoga teacher Level 3